Monday, January 04, 2010

if you wait for something long enough, you may just get it

Louis Vuitton Christmas Loot
Louis Vuitton Graffiti Brooch
Louis Vuitton Stephen Sprouse Graffiti Brooch (Fuschia)

I have waited for the Louis Vuitton Stephen Sprouse Graffiti Brooch for a long time. New Zealand didn't get many of the Graffiti SLG's, so when I went to Sydney I had to choose between the Graffiti Tie or the brooch. I ended up with the tie and said goodbye to the brooch forever.

By chance, I was looking at the Graffiti items on the Louis Vuitton website and noticed that the Graffiti Brooch was still available for purchase online. I immediately emailed a friend in LA to check the availability in stores, only to find that the only store with stock was in New York.

As my NZ issued credit card wouldn't work on the Louis Vuitton website, I was offered the chance to get my brooch by having my friend order it online and for me to meet up with her when I was in LA to collect and pay for it! Of course I jumped at the chance and now I am the proud owner of, what could possibly the only one in New Zealand, the Louis Vuitton Stephen Sprouse Graffiti Brooch.

While I was at Rodeo Drive to collect my brooch, I picked up the 2010 refill for my Agenda which will hopefully be my last purchase for a while!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats! Your photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! i still wish i bought a Graffiti brooch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! When I went to Sydney it was a toss up between the Graffiti Tie or the Brooch, and I decided on the tie. But now I have both! Can't wait to see your reveal too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tom! Now all I have to do is wear it :D

    ReplyDelete